Last Updated. May 8, 2021
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us. However, if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication).
In addition, SUPERNUS may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as gender, age, household income, political affiliation, religious affiliation, and race, as well as the IP address, the type of browser you are using, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
SUPERNUS may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to understand what types of services and products may be the most popular to our customers or the general public.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Identifying users when they sign into a website, allowing them to see a customized version and therefore eliminating the need to re-enter their log-in details.
- Tracking use of the SUPERNUS website to better develop it in the future.
- To speed up searches
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Using Your Personal Information
To assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request, SUPERNUS may collect and may make use of personal information.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- deal with any SUPERNUS software support requests made by you;
- to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
SUPERNUS may feel it necessary, from time to time, to contact you on behalf of our other third party, external business partners with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
SUPERNUS may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
SUPERNUS uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Reddit and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within SUPERNUS’s control.
SUPERNUS does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Disclosing Personal Information
SUPERNUS may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of SUPERNUS.
SUPERNUS greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as security breaches, account issues, bug alerts, and/or changes in SUPERNUS products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
Links to Other Websites
Children under the age of 13
SUPERNUS’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
International data transfers
Notice to European Union Users
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right of access: You have the right to request access to the data we hold about you. You can request access by sending an email to admin@SupernusLaw.com. We must respond to your request within one month.
- The right to rectification: If you believe some of the data we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can correct this data by logging into your account with us or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: You can request that the information we hold be deleted. We will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of our refusal. You can request your information be deleted by sending an email to admin@SupernusLaw.com.
- The right to restrict processing: You can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications by sending an email to admin@SupernusLaw.com.
- The right of data portability: You can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. You can request a copy of your information by contacting us at admin@SupernusLaw.com.
- The right to object: You can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To file a formal objection, please send an email to admin@SupernusLaw.com.
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below (Security) or visit our website at www.SupernusLaw.com.
SUPERNUS will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information. In addition, SUPERNUS may also be secured by other third-parties and/or products.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 815-710-0200
SUPERNUS BUSINESS & LAW CENTER, LLC
735 INDEPENDENCE AVENUE
SYCAMORE, IL 60178