Full-Service Business Planning & Entity Formation
Let our experts handle the paperwork for you so you can focus on what you do best with full confidence that you have the best entity for your situation.
Starting a Business: Do you form an LLC, Corporation, S-Corp, or Limited Partnership?
One of the first crucial steps in starting a business is choosing the right entity structure. There are numerous options but so much misleading information out there that it is easy to get overwhelmed and confused, and that can lead you to choose an entity that isn’t right for you. Choosing the wrong entity structure can cost thousands more in taxes and expose you to personal liability for lawsuits and creditors.
Whether you’re a business owner, investor, or one-person-show, you want the most advantageous business structure possible.
As your Trusted Adviser I will guide you through the decision process using my unique “4 Pillar” approach to entity selection to help you find the right entity specifically structured for your business and situation. I will also help you avoid common mistakes that many small business owners make that could result in the loss of vital liability protection and higher taxes.
The proper entity for your unique business and situation can be a tremendous asset as you build your business, but without a clear understanding of its purpose and function, the wrong business entity can become a burden, and even a liability. Don’t waste your valuable time: schedule a strategy session today to begin structuring your business the right way.
“His invaluable, from-the-trenches insights have saved clients like me millions of dollars and have made the difference between successful investing and life-altering mistakes!
– Robert Sproat, President of the Phoenix Productions Group, Inc.
Custom Tailored Business Planning Session
During your Business Planning session, a Trusted Adviser will work with you, the business owner, to select the right business entity and structure for your company, discuss tax savings strategies, ensure compliance with federal and state laws, and develop a plan to ensure a smooth transition and continuation of your company upon the death, disability, or retirement of an owner, or the sale of the company. With a focus on asset protection and business preservation, our key services in Business Planning include:
- Selection and Formation of the Most Suitable Entity for your Business: We will help you in selecting and forming the business entity that best suits your needs, provides the highest level of protection, and minimizes your tax burden. Whether that entity is a Corporation, Partnership, or Limited Liability Company, we can advise you and provide the services necessary to form the appropriate entity best suited for your unique business.
- Drafting and Structuring an Operating, Partnership, or Shareholders Agreement specifically tailored to your Business: These agreements are vital to the success of any entity because they govern how the business will operate, the type of activities engaged in by the business, and what events will result in the termination of the business. They also govern the rights, duties, and ownership interests of the owners of the company, how it will be managed, what percentage of a vote will be required for the business to take certain action, and what authority each owner has to make decisions on behalf of the business. We will work with you to develop, draft, and execute the appropriate agreement to suit the specific needs of your business during all phases of the business cycle from start-up, through growth, and eventually succession.
- Drafting and Negotiating Buy-Sell Agreements: A buy-sell agreement sets forth procedures in order to provide a smooth transition of the business to the remaining or new owner(s) in the event of the death, disability, or retirement of an owner. We will counsel, negotiate, and draft a buy-sell agreement that meets your business’s needs.
- Consultation on Your Business’s Existing Structure and Plan: Do you own a business and have you already formed an entity, or executed an operating agreement or buy-sell agreement, but you are not sure whether the plan that you put in action is appropriate for your business’s needs? Did you create an entity online but now have questions as to whether it will provide the appropriate level of protection? If so, we can review and consult with you regarding your plan, and if necessary, change the existing plan to meet the needs of your business.
If you are a Business Owner and you have questions regarding your business, schedule a Business Planning session right now to get the answers you need.
Your Dreams. Our Expertise.
Whether you are starting a new business, revising an existing business, investing in real estate, or creating an asset protection program, the mistake most people make – which can cost you thousands in unnecessary taxes or lost assets – is not utilizing the correct entity for your unique company. Similar to owning a shipping company but only offering boxes in a single size, that box may be perfect for shipping a computer, but it cannot provide the proper protection for a delicate glass ornament, nor would it protect larger or irregular shaped items like a flat screen TV. A one-size-fits-all box does not work for a shipping company and a one-size-fits-all approach to starting your business won’t work either. Beware of do-it-yourself websites or promoters with a one-size-fits-all approach that lets you screw up your tax and legal planning with a simple click of your mouse.
The Supernus Business and Law Center can help you determine the appropriate business entity to suit your unique situation and provide insight on which tools will help you succeed. Once we have selected the best tools for your objectives, we will stay with you through every step of the process to ensure you have the knowledge to operate your business the right way.
Your Custom Planning Session
Speak with a Supernus Professional Adviser today to determine the best entity structure and plan for you and your unique situation and ensure that you are on the right path toward financial success.
IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements.
These materials have been prepared by the Supernus Business & Law Center for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between the sender and receiver. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without first seeking professional legal counsel.
Jedediah McClure, J.D. is a best-selling and award-winning author, business professor, investor, entrepreneur, and former business executive turned attorney. He has built multi-million dollar companies in multiple industries, is an accomplished public speaker, and has received wide-spread praise for his ability to educate and inspire others. He has been featured on NBC’s Dateline, Investigation Discovery, the New York Times, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
© Supernus Business & Law Center. All rights reserved. 2020.